Jump to content
Erik Naso

C300 MK III Sample Footage - Boneyard Ballet

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Ollie Kenchington said:

Yes.

Interesting! I always though that wasn't a very good way of grading log as (unlike a log to rec709 transformation LUT, for example) it doesn't properly remap values in the correct way?

Or is the way log2 works quite different from other flavours of log?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nezih said:

Interesting! I always though that wasn't a very good way of grading log as (unlike a log to rec709 transformation LUT, for example) it doesn't properly remap values in the correct way?

Or is the way log2 works quite different from other flavours of log?

No, log2 is no different, I just usually prefer to grade from scratch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understood, but I thought just dialling up saturation wasn't considered good practice. I'm not sure why I thought that though?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmmm Im not really that blown away TBH..  of course the images are good .. but basically I think this could have been shot on an Fs7 or any camera at the same price point.. and look the same with the same lenses  .. something must have gone seriously wrong with the drone footage .. no one is going to have all that rig and use it for that one shot .. that could have been an easy crane shot .. if, out of all the drone footage, that was the only one used ..?   the wobbly "gimbal" shots .. especially the one moving down between the seats .. its almost like its purposely swaying from side to side .. (maybe it is )?..   they must have had the budget to take some seats out .. another plane ? .. that aisle is way to narrow to get the best out of that scene .. it doesn't feel right ..IMHO..  and then at the end the dancer falls off the plane !!    these manufacture video,s always seem to be odd.. Sony / Panasonic are  equally guilty .. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edit.. ok now I see the  gimbal wasn't one.. but showing the internal stabilization ..  Mmm not sure .. is it better to shoot it hand held ..and have stabilization in post .. like the fx9..  gives you the choice .. or these type of shots that had everyone thinking its a bad gimbal shot .. sort of falls between two chairs for me..  for these type of shots anyway ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Robin Probyn said:

Edit.. ok now I see the  gimbal wasn't one.. but showing the internal stabilization ..  Mmm not sure .. is it better to shoot it hand held ..and have stabilization in post .. like the fx9..  gives you the choice .. or these type of shots that had everyone thinking its a bad gimbal shot .. sort of falls between two chairs for me..  for these type of shots anyway ..

Yeah I dont think those shots are playing to the strength of that stabilisation tech. I've found that anything with that much movement in it will likely introduce the warp jelly effect so I steer clear. Did a bit of a test of it here in case you want to see it working in different conditions (7min 30)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dave May said:

Yeah I dont think those shots are playing to the strength of that stabilisation tech. I've found that anything with that much movement in it will likely introduce the warp jelly effect so I steer clear. Did a bit of a test of it here in case you want to see it working in different conditions (7min 30)

 

Thanks Dave .. yes thats more like I think I would use it .. more to smooth out fairly static longer lens shots .. strange the choice they made with the plane video.. the panning alone the plane windows inside really just looks like a bad Ronin S shot .. you can see the frame going up and down as the operator walks .. all those early shots don't really work for me..  if its some edgy sort of POV feel.. sure .. but I presume the effect they wanted was something nice and smooth ..   TBH Ive seen much better results from the Sony fx9 post system..  but it is another step .. but then again, if you want to do it.. might as well do it properly .. Im not a Sony is better fan boy .. I don't  like the design of C series camera,s but of course they are great camera,s.. that are very popular .. there is so little in general performce these days between the mid level camera,s or even mid to high end lately .. its just about the features suite you best ,or more likely just sticking with the camera menus you know to be honest !  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nezih said:

@Robin Probyn totally agree with everything you've said there!

It has been scientifically proven .. and further backed up by my extensive research at Cambridge .. that people of an extremely high intellect ,do in fact tend to think very much on the same wave lengths .. and use the right frontal cortex lobes ,more than those of let us say.. a lower register .. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Robin Probyn said:

It has been scientifically proven .. and further backed up by my extensive research at Cambridge .. that people of an extremely high intellect ,do in fact tend to think very much on the same wave lengths .. and use the right frontal cortex lobes ,more than those of let us say.. a lower register .. 

Interesting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...