1 minute ago, Mike Eden said:

Hello all,

I’m Mike, a photographer of 15 years who’s dabbling in filmmaking. I have a particular interest in making social & cultural micro documentaries.

Hi Mike—micro documentaries sounds like a very cool idea but I've never heard of them. Could you explain the who, what, when, where, why, and a little bit of the how. 

58 minutes ago, RichardSwearinger said:

Hi Mike—micro documentaries sounds like a very cool idea but I've never heard of them. Could you explain the who, what, when, where, why, and a little bit of the how. 

Hey Richard,

By micro doc I mean very short documentaries made for the web with a runtime of around 5 minutes or less.

Hi everyone, I’m Adam from Australia, Founder of axiiio. I’ve been a fan of News Shooter for many years, and I’m super excited about being a part of forums here.

A small team and I have been working over the last six years on an affordable system of components that enables filmmakers and photographers to build their own motion control rigs. We call this system axiiio nano, and if it is successful in the marketplace we hope it becomes part of a larger ecosystem of rigs and tools for cinematographers.

I’ve been working for many years now in production environments as a screenwriter, DP, director and producer (sometimes all three), I have an understanding of the time pressures that we face when working on film and television sets. The team and I try to bring this experience to the design of motion control components for use on sets to reduce downtime as far as practicable so you can get the shot you’re looking for quickly.

I’m really passionate about delivering useful and usable tools to people who want to create and look forward to interacting with everybody and anybody interested in motion control and robotics in filmmaking.

Below is a short and sweet intro to what this is all about.

On 4/19/2020 at 10:24 PM, Newsshooter said:

Welcome to the Newsshooter forum, please introduce yourself to the community.

Hello,

My name is Ricky

Hi, this is Tom. I've been primarily working at NBC News for the last 25 years, mostly shooting Dateline. I'm also now a professor at Chapman Univ's Dodge Film School.

• Like 1