Sign in to follow this  
Newsshooter

Panasonic Lumix S1H Review

See the full review: https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/11/11/panasonic-lumix-s1h-review/

DSC 3551 01

If you look solely at specifications, the S1H ticks a lot of boxes if you are looking for a high-end mirrorless camera for video. Not only can it record it 6K, but it can also capture full-frame 4K at up to 30p internally in 4:2:2 10-bit. We can all argue about the merits of higher resolutions, but it is impressive that a full-frame camera of this size can record 6K internally.

After carefully reading your very thorough S1H review some months ago, my biggest question remained how to overcome inability to punch in for focus while rolling. This remains my biggest concern with acquiring and pressing an S1h into service. Does anyone know if adding an Atomos Ninja (or 7 inch, once they add ProRes Raw capability) allows for ‘rolling punch in’. Want to ensure my lovely fast prime glass can be shot wide open and shine with sharp focus in 4K!