Txomin

Red Raw setting bug on FCPX

Hello,

Does anyone else have issues with the built-in "Modify RED RAW Settings" process in FCPX ?

When I try to change a setting, it's show :

"Final Cut Pro must complete other tasks before performing this operation...The operation cannot be performed because "Calculate Render Bar" is running in the background. Use the Background Tasks window to monitor or cancel the task before trying again" but nothing is running in the background. 

For now I manage to change the setting in Redcine X and it's apply to my FCP timeline shortly after, but it's very annoying.

Everything is up to date, and the bug follow me since several versions of FCP and Redcode plugin.

Did you ever figure this out? Ive been having the exact same problem for two days. Can't figure it out. Please help!!

Hello,

No more issue for me now, but I can't explain how. It seems it's a library related glitch because it was only on a specific library at the time.

Sorry, I know how frustrating it can be.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• According to Panasonic the most common problem is that the camera shuts down by itself. Has anyone had that problem?
    • On further reflection what I have in mind isn't going to work anyway over a long period of time without proper sync even an external recording from the Z6 is going to drift relative to a separate audio recording. As far as I can tell there's no way to deal with this without a camera with a genlock input. The Ninja-V with the AtomX sync can record timecode but doesn't retime the input and only uses the genlock also available via the sync accessory for playback. There also doesn't seem to easily be such a thing as a retiming HDMI to SDI converter with REF IN as far as I can find. The audio side of things is easier as even on a relative cheap device like a Sound Devices Mix Pre 10 II it's possible to send word clock in to the BNC input and timecode to the aux input from a device such as a Ultrasync One. I guess the problem is simply too niche as it only crops up in broadcast where everything is expensive or long recordings of things like concerts with separate audio.
    • It is a great camera. I actually bought the S1 in preference to the S5 as I wanted the more solid build, plus full sized HDMI and top screen display. One of the autofocus features I use the most is the tap to focus (can't remember exactly what is called). I recently filmed in a factory using a crane, so had my phone running Lumix sync via WiFi, and then was able to set a focus box and tap on my phone screen to set the focus area.  It worked flawlessly, plus the ability to also remotely set iso, white balance, shutter speed and aperture was amazing. The fact it takes fantastic photos is a bonus too.  I do agree with you about the limited lens options. However their quality is stunning, and if you're going to stick with the system then the investment makes sense. I hope you get the opportunity to do some travel videography 👍 and thanks for taking the time to write up your experiences.
    • Funny you mention the monopod - I use one on the base of my S1 with the stabilisation turned on and get very nice results. I have a Ronin S, but to be honest I still prefer the vest system I mistakenly sold after believing all the hype about gimbals. I think you're right in the direction of adding mass to the rig, particularly when it's offset, and if you can couple this with a camera with decent stabilisation the results are excellent and with almost zero setup. I do ninja walk though... I also would be interested if anyone has an alternative solution.
    • Hi, I'm Steve - videographer, editor and CGI dude. New shooter is my go-to site for video related stuff so delighted this forum has been created. Big user of MFT and full frame, but try not to be a fanboy about any particular system. Technology is there to serve us, not the other way round 😃