Tobenn

Sigma 18 - 35 f1.8 with SpeedBooster Ultra on FS7 still vignetting!?

Hi all, 

hoping someone can help me with this. 

I recently purchased a Metabones Speed Booster ULTRA so I could use my Sigma 18-35 f1.8 on my FS7... but annoyingly , despite updating the firmware on the metabones, there is still a noticeable vignette on the corners Of the image when you zoom out to 18mm. 

The set up works fine with my 24 -105 canon lens just not the sigma... 

any thoughts or experience for anyone with this??

any help appreciated 

This is because the Speedbooster is designed to expand full frame lenses to a S35 sensor to get a full frame "look".

The Sigma 18-35 is not a full frame lens, it's a S35 lens. Therefore it will vignette when used on a Speedbooster.

It is not designed to work with a Speedbooster.

The Sigma 24-35 is full frame and will work with a Speedbooster.

Okay, thanks for your reply.

It doesn’t vignette on my gh5 / spoedbooster combo so I thought it was full frame like my canon 24-105. 

Would it work on my FS7 with just a basic Sony e-mount adapter that wasn’t a speed booster ? 

Thanks for your help. 

On 9/4/2020 at 2:23 AM, Tobenn said:

Would it work on my FS7 with just a basic Sony e-mount adapter that wasn’t a speed booster ? 

If the adapter doesn't change the crop factor at all, I suppose it should work. It would be a S35 lens on a S35 sensor, so yeah, probably. However I haven't tested this combination, so this is mostly a somewhat educated guess.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I just bought one. I'm searching a way to put ND on it, for gimbal use.  Any ideas somebody  ?
    • Hi everyone,  My name is Gonzague, been living in Japan (Tokyo) for now 20 years, I am your "average joe" buddy that love shooting videos for fun as well as a few companies (Had the change to shoot a few time for Sigma here) and now working one some documentaries about Japanese culture.  Cheers!
    • Hello Matthew! I'm new to operating the F3 and having trouble accessing the picture profile menu ... Are there any helpful tips to resolve this? Thank you!
    • That sounds a little trick. I am not sure of the particulars of your question but my picks are  AViPAS AV-3104IP 4D VISCA Over IP Joystick PTZ Controller with PoE uses LAN  cable, also not too expensive VariZoom VZ-Stealth-LX  but I think I found a similar question answered on another platform. BGH1 - Focus control through LANC? . I hope this helps if doesn't, then just take it as me being totally out of my depth.  
    • That sounds a little trick. I am not sure of the particulars of your question but my picks are  AViPAS AV-3104IP 4D VISCA Over IP Joystick PTZ Controller with PoE uses LAN  cable, also not too expensive VariZoom VZ-Stealth-LX  but I think I found a similar question answered on another platform. BGH1 - Focus control through LANC? . I hope this helps if doesn't, then just take it as me being totally out of my depth.