Posted (edited)

I have been custom building several Windows 10 PC's in the last 4 weeks, to be used as Wirecast production stations. These will be used to broadcast a multi-camera, multiple PC screens, as well as live downlinks from our fleet of drones. This includes SDI, HDMI and USB cameras, as well as iOS WiFi feeds, RTMP inbound streams and NDI sources. We will be broadcasting weekly from several offices to our clients and use them for internal training. These broadcasts will go out on either a Microsoft Teams Live Event, or a traditional Microsoft Teams webcast.

One of my requirements in building these PC's was to be able to output to either a virtual camera or stream to an RTMP server, and simultainiously, save the main broadcast AND every source (as many as 10) as ISO recordings to local storage. I will be sharing my setup in a future story here in this forum soon.

In the meantime, If anyone needs any assistance with Wirecast, or building a PC to stream and save without dropping frames, feel free to reach out and ask questions. I have been configuring, providing training and using Wirecast for a number of years now, and would be happy to help out!

Edited by Scott Karlins
  • Like 2

Ive been trying to build my own PC for a few months now. Its taking quite some time because some of the parts are quite expensive and I had to order them and delivery takes time. If youre looking for the best PC cases for your build, you should visit this website.

On 5/30/2020 at 5:54 AM, akyle32 said:

Ive been trying to build my own PC for a few months now. Its taking quite some time because some of the parts are quite expensive and I had to order them and delivery takes time. If youre looking for the best PC cases for your build, you should visit this website.

Looks like you left out a link?

It's a weird time to build at the moment. We're at the end of a cycle at the moment with Ryzen 4000 series releasing soon with B550 motherboards arriving in the next month. 

10th gen Intel has also just arrived.

All of this with the impact of covid has meant high prices but I am starting to see component prices coming down in the recent week or so. There are also supply shortages for power supplies, and a few other components.

Been thinking of switching over from a iMac to a Windows PC as a desktop workstation. Lot's of choices out there, but I feel as a small one-man-band / small prod.co a Intel build with the new 10900k makes a lot of sense. I would still need Thunderbolt 3 to connect to my external storage, and Intel makes more sense that way.