Sign in to follow this  
Dave May

C500MKII/C300MKIII AC Power Supply

Hi all

Unfortunately the C500MKII doesnt come with an AC power adapter, unlike the C300MKII and C200 it takes an XLR power connector. Looking to get one so that I can power the camera using AC power for longer interviews but not really sure if there are particular models I should be looking for.

Thought Id throw this out there in case anyone a bit more experienced with XLR power has any idea.

Thanks!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dave May said:

Hi all

Unfortunately the C500MKII doesnt come with an AC power adapter, unlike the C300MKII and C200 it takes an XLR power connector. Looking to get one so that I can power the camera using AC power for longer interviews but not really sure if there are particular models I should be looking for.

Thought Id throw this out there in case anyone a bit more experienced with XLR power has any idea.

Thanks!

Canon doesn't sell one? That seems like an oversight. Or do they have one coming at some point? 

On 6/3/2020 at 5:07 PM, Dustin Schmidt said:

Canon doesn't sell one? That seems like an oversight. Or do they have one coming at some point? 

well, they sort of did "us" a favor by just making it a generic and standard DC connector... lots of 3rd party options so a Canon branded one may not be necessary.... e.g. B&H "XLR 12VDC power supply"

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=XLR 12VDC power supply&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma

• Like 1

Agreed, it helps to have something standard/ For my F5 I found one on ebay which was essentially a laptop PSU wired with a 4-pin XLR (I think originally designed for some medical equipment).

You just need to make sure it's outputting the right voltage and amps, and the 4-pin XLR is wired correctly (as there is more than one way this can be done).

http://mouser.co.uk is a good place to look... once you've found the model you can then look on ebay / other stores.

• Like 1

Thanks all! Lemac here in Australia has one they’ve given to Canon CPS here in Sydney that isn’t too expensive so should be the right voltage.

Might end up grabbing an xlr cable to use off the vlock charger as well.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:07 PM, Dustin Schmidt said:

Given both the C500MKII and C300MKIII use XLR power feels like something they should bring out their own version of at some stage.