Posted (edited)

There's always another new option for delivering power to the BMPCC4K/6K that seems to follow a very similar path of having a rather large and inelegant power pack attached to the base or side of the camera. I notice there's another similar device posted on the website. However, I've never seen anyone post what, for me at least, is the simplest and most effective external battery solution that I've come across.

What I use is an Andoer brand NP-F battery plate with a Weipu plug that provides 12V to the camera (and it has 7.4V outlet as well to power a monitor) attached to a SmallRig cage (any cage will do) via its built-in screw. There are a few similar ones about, some without a fixed plug and some with (like the Andoer, which I prefer as it's more secure). There are also some very crappy no-name ones about (I bought one and got my money back) that do not provide 12V power as advertised. I have tested the Andoer one quite extensively with a variety of batteries, as shown in the chart that shows what recording times I got. The beauty of this battery option is that I can leave the battery in the camera and hot swap without affecting recording and you have the option of using any sized NP-F battery to keep weight down if you want.

arca (4).jpg

batteries.jpg

Edited by Australian Image (Ray)

I forgot to add that the power bank shown in the website is not ideal for the BMPCC4K/6K because the minimum voltage should be 12v when running the camera from the Weipu plug. That device only outputs 10.8V. Now I know that you can run the camera from a lower voltage, but I understand that it's not a good thing to do.

We have our Pockets setup with a dummy v-mount battery plate and a d-tap splitter, its been a pretty solid setup for us but works best with slim style v-mounts otherwise the rig gets a little to tall.

I was interested in the newer mini V-lock batteries with the dummy V-lock plate, but when I compared them in size to my NP-F setup, they were still larger and had much the same capacity as the 6 cell NP-F. What I like about this setup is the fact that I can choose what sized NP-F to use.

My other camera uses a regular V-lock and powers much more than just the camera and monitor. I also prefer the longer style for the second rig than going up in height,

1428397296_arca(2).thumb.jpg.e8ff0e22bd5d0ae9a851562bfb98faca.jpg