Sign in to follow this  
Newsshooter

Atomos Lockdown Safari Competition

https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/04/16/atomos-lockdown-safari-competition/

With much of the world in lockdown because of the Coronavirus, few of us are lucky enough to get out into the wild, so Atomos is encouraging its users to stay creative in your homes, or wherever you may be, becoming explorers of the nature around you.

The backyard might not be your first choice for filming wildlife, but Atomos want to see what you can capture there. Shot over the Easter weekend in the small garden of a London home by Atomos staff member Dan Chung, the example video shows that life and creative potential is nearby.

The video was shot entirely in Apple ProRes RAW in 4K at 100fps using the Atomos Shogun 7 HDR monitor-recorder and an old, yet still highly capable, secondhand Sony FS700R cinema camera. The lens was a Sigma 180mm f3.5 Macro on a Metabones EF-E mount adapter. The entire setup (apart from the tripod) was purchased for around $3500 USD.

Atomos would love to see the best wildlife footage you can capture without breaking any government social distancing rules – in your own garden, on your balcony, or even inside your apartment. As an incentive, Atomos we’ll be giving away a Shogun 7 HDR monitor-recorder-switcher to one lucky entrant whose work is deemed to be the most creative or original by us at Atomos and wildlife cinematographer Ben Cherry.

To enter, simply upload your entry to YouTube and add the hashtag #atomoskeepcreating, then leave a comment with the link below this video The competition runs from Tuesday 14th April until midnight PST on Tuesday 21st April 2020. It can be created using any video gear you have at hand.

Atomos will announce the winner on their social media at the end of April 2020. The video entries will remain the property of the creator and all rights with them. Atomos reserves the right to embed entries and post them on their social media accounts.

Rules
Shoot a new wildlife video 1-2 minutes long in your garden, backyard, from your window or even your home. This must be done where you live (so if local social distancing rules say you can’t use your outside space, please stick to filming inside your house or flat).
The film must be created specifically for this competition and cannot be part of a larger project.
No people should appear in your video. Please ensure no copyright is infringed and that you have rights to use any imagery or audio submitted.
Upload your video to Youtube with the hashtag #atomoskeepcreating
Follow and like either our Twitter, Facebook or Instagram pages
You can enter as many videos as you like.
The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No cash alternative is provided.
All entries must adhere to YouTube community guidelines. YouTube is not a sponsor of this contest and requires users to release YouTube from any and all liability related to this contest.

• Like 1

That is BRILLIANT! So cool. Had a proper grin on my face at the end - genius narrative. I haven't seen any other offerings (other than Dan's), but you definitely deserve to win.

Gorgeous shots (what macro lens did you use: the shot of her eating the bee is amazing?). And really cool narration - took me by surprise, as I was just expecting a generic montage. But this is so much better. Not your voice, is it?

Hear hear!

The other entries looked very good too... but Joe's win is well deserved!