Sign in to follow this  
Chris Francis

Filmmaker got Covid. Made documentary about it.

7 weeks ago my wife and I both tested positive for Covid-19 and I decided to document our entire journey (which won't seem to end....).  The first week or two was just with our iPhones since I was trapped in our apartment with no gear, but a few friends dropped off enough gear for me to carry on with the documentary with my normal Canon C200 kit.  I had no idea what was going to happen, but fast forward to today and we have a 41-minute documentary that we are now trying to find distribution for.

Here is the link to the trailer: https://MakingLemonade.Film

If you'd like to ask any questions about the filmmaking process I'd be happy to answer them here on the forums.  

Making_Lemonade_Our_Covid-19_Story1.jpg

Edited by Chris Francis
  • Like 2

Nice one! Solid effort doing a project like that.

45 days without taste...?! Jeez!

10 hours ago, Nezih said:

Nice one! Solid effort doing a project like that.

45 days without taste...?! Jeez!

Thanks!  It's been a challenging project for sure, but super rewarding as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• In my opinion, the LiteCloth LC-120 2 Light Kit is the best option. It is perfect for image-makers who want to travel with two big, broad, natural-looking lights that can fit into a small, strong, travel-friendly case. This LC-120 is a 120 Watt, 1x3 LED Mat that folds down to a 12"x12" square. This unique design allows the user to create, broad, bright, natural-looking light that can be set up fast and travel small.
    • I tried my luck with the F3 and an Atomos recorder but it seems that Atomos could not handle the "camera shy" way the F3 sends data to external recorders. It was misinterpreted as interlaced. Also in anamorphic mode the Atomos loses its ability to show vector scopes and lacks center crop. So you end up with a very, very wide but narrow sliver of an image. Impossible to pull focus on. I advise against using Atomos products with the F3. Or did they fix those issues?
    • Yeah each to their own as you say .. TBH when I bought an fx9 .. and embarked on my crusade to make everything smaller / lighter and just less gear in general .. I did think .. oh maybe I can work off that small screen and even not have the loupe .. in my dreams it sounded good !.. but soon realized it wouldn't work for me ..and the only way would be, as you do it , a bigger ,brighter monitor about 1ft in front, hung low where an EVF would sort of be .. but then I would use up an SDI / and have to power it etc .. so the loupe became the more light weight option .. and what I was used to anyway ..  but  of course no right or wrong .. as I say ,I mean I admire folk who can work that way .. I just dont think I can .. and old eye sight its a major draw back ..  
    • Maybe it’s because I have been shooting sports since the beginning, but I usually shoot with both eyes open, except for critical focus checks.
    • It's interesting and funny to see how personal preferences can differ. 😄 I agree that a 7" monitor up close to the face isn't ideal, that's why I mostly build my rigs with the monitor about 30 cm (like 12" I guess) away. This is comfortable enough to focus my eyes on, I can concentrate solely on the screen if I choose, plus it lets me see whatever else is going on around me, which can be crucial in some hectic scenarios. As for the third point of contact, that's true as well. My shots might even be steadier while using an EVF, I'm not sure. But as long as the camera has a certain weight to it (to minimize the micro-jitters, like you get from shooting handheld with a light camera), I'm convinced it looks just fine. All in all, I'm thankful that we do have such an enormous amount of options to fit everyone's needs and wants. Now it's up to each of us to find their specific preference.