Story&Pixel

Recommendations on true 10 bit monitors?

1 hour ago, Story&Pixel said:

Looking to pick up a monitor for a MBP 2018 and looking for monitor recommendations. Thanks in advance for the help. 

Computer monitor, or video monitor?

Quite a few options, 

I don't think there are many true 10-bit monitors, still 8+2 FRC.

My main considerations would be colour accuracy, max brightness for HDR, resolution & monitor size.

Oh, and budget.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• That sounds a little trick. I am not sure of the particulars of your question but my picks are  AViPAS AV-3104IP 4D VISCA Over IP Joystick PTZ Controller with PoE uses LAN  cable, also not too expensive VariZoom VZ-Stealth-LX  but I think I found a similar question answered on another platform. BGH1 - Focus control through LANC? . I hope this helps if doesn't, then just take it as me being totally out of my depth.  
    • That sounds a little trick. I am not sure of the particulars of your question but my picks are  AViPAS AV-3104IP 4D VISCA Over IP Joystick PTZ Controller with PoE uses LAN  cable, also not too expensive VariZoom VZ-Stealth-LX  but I think I found a similar question answered on another platform. BGH1 - Focus control through LANC? . I hope this helps if doesn't, then just take it as me being totally out of my depth.  
    • Several years ago, a friend in Boston told me he actually did most of his editing in iMovie but opened up FCP for clients to see when they came to his home office. 🤣
    • I've been thinking about getting Filmic Pro myself, but probably need to get some sort of tripod adapter for my tablet and/or phone first to make it worthwhile. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of features supported by my low-end Motorola phone and keep forgetting to run the test app on my Samsung tablet.