Sign in to follow this  
DcD

Sachtler SpeedLevel Clamp Compatibility

I have a Miller Compass 25 tripod head. Does anyone know if the Sachtler SpeedLevel Clamps work with other tripod heads? Or only on Sachtlers?

Depends on the length of the thread at the bottom of the head you are using and if the legs will close when it is used. From memory i don't think it works with a lot of other tripod heads that aren't Sachtler. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Popular Topics

• I have a Selens 120cm carbon fibre slider that I motorised and a 30cm Zeapon Micro 2 slider that's not motorised (though a motor is available).  I also have an Edelkrone 30cm knock-off that I bought ages ago. My slider (which I'll explain) is for when I go bush and want movement in scenes where there is none. The 120cm was my first slider, but proved to be way too long for taking bush and the Edelkrone knock-off was a pile of crap. The Zeapon, on the other hand, is one of the most impressive sliders that I can imagine and provides the smoothest of operations imaginable, even without a motor. It's my bush slider. I would never even consider an Edelkrone given the prices they charge and I'm not sure they are all that good given some YouTube videos I've seen. But that's just me. I don't understand what colour has to do with sliders. The start of this video was shot with the Zeapon and the Selens slider. Can you pick which was which? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggGRSe5svrI
    • Love the shorts too! Which lenses are used on the first 2? my pmw-f3 should arrive in 1 week -:) still need to decide on my lenses, I was thinking of Slr magic apo microprimes. love to hear about the grading: over or underexposing. grtz, Joeri
    • 1) MYT Works Large 4’ slider.  Self-contained, smooth, large payload capacity, well built, easy(ish) to travel(4’ and below fit in gun cases). 2) Multi-cam interviews, occasionally b-roll, but small gimbals have been replacing sliders for the same style of b-roll over the last few years for speed(no set-up). Videographer, while a technically correct word, is a bad word and no one likes to be referred to as one*.  It’s connotation and association is largely with low-end and wedding shooters from the 80’s/90’s era.  I’m not a DP, but do not call me a videographer.  Call me a shooter, photographer, cameraman, photog, cam-op, camera monkey, asshole, ‘hey you’, or pretty much anything else, except videographer.  Or late for dinner.   *Kind of like ‘police’ and ‘cop’.  In some circles, cop is considered a derogatory term for police or police officer.
    • I can't comment on Edelkrone products, but I use a Cinevate Horizen slider: because it's the most compact slider that takes the full weight of my camera, and has a lower centre of gravity than another option (MYT Works) and is significantly cheaper than the other options (Matthews, Grip Factory Munich, and Ronford Baker). Question 2: all sorts! Locations, studios, interior, exterior. As for question 3: whatever the client asks for!
    • Now the first Stormtrooper versions are being shipped and put through their paces.