Sign in to follow this  
Kane Intek

What's happening at Zeiss ? ( Stills / Mirrorless glass )

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or thoughts about Zeiss' lens strategy / plans for the future ?

The last Otus & Loxia released lenses  approx 2.5 years ago, The last milvus was from 2017.  

The Zeiss ZX1 camera / prototype appears to have vanished from reality - announced 2+ years ago - and still "coming soon" on BHphoto.

Meanwhile over In the cinematography lens realm - the Supreme Primes have been the primary focus of the Master Prime / lens engineers - with the full set believed to be completed later this year.  

Beyond that it's been all quiet on the Zeiss front for a while - interesting to see what the future holds and what kind of plans (if any) lay ahead for any further mirrorless/dslr lens lineups! 

As an Otus user and fan, it was sort of a head scratcher that the 100mm was not a macro.  I’m desperately desiring a 40mm Distagon which would be a nice middle point between 28 and 55.

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a new CP.3 Superspeed lineup. It's somewhat affordable and could be the cleanest image you can get for the money, especially if T1.5 gets us a sweet spot at T1.8.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2020 at 2:15 AM, Jonathon Sendall said:

Whatever happened to the GL Optics conversion of the Otus? That looked interesting and a great price point for what that glass really represents.

I ended up going with the Duclos full cinemod and other than the reverse focus direction on the ZF.2 all is great and even the focus thing hasn’t turned out to be as big of a deal as I thought as my brain easily made the switch once I racked a few times.