Sign in to follow this  
Jay

DJI unveils the Mavic Air 2 - 4K60p & 8K hyperlapse

How do the Mavic Airs handle wind compared to the Mavic Pro sized drones? I just recently sold my Mavic Pro and was planning on picking up the Mavic Pro II but may go this route. Thanks for any insights.  

I recently bought the Mavic Mini mainly because is it "legal" pretty much anywhere and my needs don't necessarily require 4K.  There is certainly a significant difference in the features of the new Air 2 and it and I may consider adding the Air 2. So along with buying the drone came the purchase of an iPad mini 5 and subsequent bracket to hold it in the remote controller.  My question is that I found flying the Mini with my iPhone difficult especially in sunny conditions thus the iPad, will the new remote take an iPad mini without the bracket? 

preordered mine via DJI the next morning after it was released, I'll let you know when it shows up. Sure would be cool if a drone delivered it. 

Pulled the pin on this drone a couple of days ago-- a lot of bang for your buck with this drone. I love it.

Brian Murphy...

I realize that this is probably too late to be helpful to you, but you never know...

The phone holder on the air 2 isn't much larger than the one on the controller for the mini.  The phone sits above the controller rather than below.  My tablet adapter fits both controllers with no issue.

Mavic Air 2 is an awesome drone for the $$