Martin

Angenieux Optimo DPs and Canon C500 II / C300 III

Hey all,

does anyone know if the Angenieux Optimo DP Zooms (16-42 and 30-80) fit on a Canon C500 mkII with PL mount (and therefore also the C300 mkIII hopefully)? I own a set and they are my most used and favourite lenses but are limited in their compatibility as their rear section is so long. This was changed with the "Style" versions, but upgrading to the styles is kind of expensive and hopefully not necessary with Canons new PL mount.

Hi Martin - a mate of mine with both the C500 mkii and DP's confirms they fit just fine. Obviously S35 image circle means incompatibility at FF but cropped in all is well.

• Like 4

On 4/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, Phil Cooper said:

Hi Martin - a mate of mine with both the C500 mkii and DP's confirms they fit just fine. Obviously S35 image circle means incompatibility at FF but cropped in all is well.

Thanks Phil!!! Do you think this applies to the C300 MK3 too??? It should have the same ND filters assembly and clearance, right?

3 hours ago, Tommaso Alvisi said:

Thanks Phil!!! Do you think this applies to the C300 MK3 too??? It should have the same ND filters assembly and clearance, right?

Shouldn’t be a problem with the C300 Mark III. It was mostly film cameras you couldn’t use the DP lenses with. 

Thanks Matt!!! Speaking of lenses I think you should add a subcategory specifically for lenses in the marketplace section for future classifieds 😜