• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  • Popular Topics

• Actually, I need to make a correction regarding the battery capacity. The Canon LP-E6N has a 14Wh rating; whereas, the Canon BP-A30 battery has a 45Wh rating. That's 3.2x the BMPCC4K/6K battery capacity. My IDX NP-F970 equivalent batteries (at 48Wh) give me 188min of 4KDCI recording time (which I gather is far more battery intensive than what the C70 can record), so that's as good, if not better than what the C70 gets out of a BP-A30. The BP-A30 is also physically not much smaller than the NP-F970 battery. Just thought I'd add that info.
    • So Canon has introduced a camera that has a similar design to that of the BMPCC4K/6K, only bulkier. I'll be curious as to whether all the criticism levelled at the design of the latter will be levelled at the former. Perhaps Blackmagic's design wasn't all that bad after all. The C70 also seems to be a bit crippled in what formats are available, but then that's fairly typical with Canon. Edit I: I notice from the comments that there are still those who can't seem to live without a built-in EVF. Edit II: I also notice that there are still people about that complain about the lack of a 5" flip-out screen on the BMPCC4K/6K, the supposedly poor battery life, and now a lack of top handle. The so-called poor battery life of the BMPCC4K (especially) is a real bugbear to me when I hear it. The LP-E6N battery is only 1865MAh; whereas, the BP-A30 is 3200MAh, almost double the capacity of the BMPCC battery. With two LP-E6N batteries, I can get close to 150min of recording time, which is not too bad. With my current setup using an NP-F970 and LP-E6N, I can get four hours of 4KDCI recording. And those NP-F970 batteries (IDX) are far cheaper than the Canon BP-A batteries. Just thought I'd get that off my chest.  
    • @Günther Göberl. I'm not sure what it is, but anything especially to do with landscapes always appeals to me more when it's in a wide format. That project, for me, would not have had the same impact in say a 16:9 format, it would have had a made for TV impression. My view is do what you want, not what someone else dictates. And if some festival dictates a format that kills your creativity, and all that you're then doing is making a film to suit the festival, why even bother?
    • I also opted for 1:2.35 for this project  
    • If you need or reply on peaking alot ,I would recommend changing to "normal" ,set a level and leave it on all the time .. I used to use color (red) but was given the same advise and its really alot better ..