Podcast Lounge

Sign in to follow this  

Do you run a podcast or have heard a great one lately? Share it with others here.

11 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  1. Team Deakins

• 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
Sign in to follow this  
  • Popular Topics

• Having an issue with this brand new lens. Wont mount on Arri PL mounts due to the locking tabs on the camera hitting the body, prohibiting it from mounting. Mounts ok to Metabones E-PL adapter ok as well as VOCAS adapter,  Pana varicam native and canon c300PL. It seems like the lens doesn't like the chunkier Arri and Sony mounts.  Second issue is flange depth is way off, infinity focuses at between 8' and infinity . Third issue is that when tightened,  the removable light baffle which screws into the back of the lens comes into contact with the rear element housing as it focuses to infinity, making it feel like there is focus resistance when you focus to infinity, when the baffle is loosened significantly , the infinity end  focus comes to a satisfying end stop, as it should.  Looks like ill be sending this back to IRIX USA after reaching out to them. Im wondering if I should just begin return through B&H and have the lens exchanged.  Has anyone dealt with Irix or experienced similar issues? Any advice appreciated.  Thanks
    • Hello, No more issue for me now, but I can't explain how. It seems it's a library related glitch because it was only on a specific library at the time. Sorry, I know how frustrating it can be.
    • Hi Rob, welcome to the forum! 
    • Hello everyone. I'm a video editor & cameraman living in Tokyo. I've been in Japan for over 25 years. Most of my work is corporate video.