The Astro Design 8K AB-4815 is a lightweight camera for outside broadcast that is capable of outputting 8K 120p in real-time.
The camera was first announced back in April this year, but this is the first time we have been able to see the camera. The AB-4815 is a co-development between Astro Design and Sharp.
- 8K 120p/60p (120Hz/60Hz) video output
- 12G-SDI output and U-SDI output
- Includes color adjustment and image quality adjustment functions while being compact and lightweight
- Supports control through remote control (optional)
- Time code input/output support
- Genlock compatible
- 2 analog audio channels supported
The camera doesn’t have any internal recording capabilities, and can only output a signal.
The AB-4815 is equipped with a whopping 8 12G-SDI outputs and it is structured to output 60p via 4x 12G-SDI and 120p through 8x 12G-SDI.
|Sensor||Super 35mm equivalent single plate CMOS image sensor 24.576mm×13.824mm|
|Lens Mount||PL mount|
|Frame Frequency||23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60, 119.88, 120Hz|
|Gamma Curve||SDR （Dynamic range 100, 200, 400, 600）|
HLG （Dynamic range 100, 200, 250, 400）
|Color Gamut||ITU-R BT.2020、REC 709|
The camera has already been used by Japanese broadcaster NHK.