Rosco has announced the release of MIXBOOK, which they claim is the World’s first digital swatchbook.
MIXBOOK has been engineered by the LED lighting and color experts at Rosco. It has been made with the sole intention of letting filmmakers and other lighting professionals pre-visualize their gel and LED colors, and then communicate those color choices with other members of their team.
- Full spectrum white light from 1700K-10,000K
- A proprietary combination of 6 LEDs (phosphor-coated Red, Green, Blue, White, phosphor-coated Amber, Lime) for a wide color gamut
- Over 130 True Rosco Color gel matches
- Measure 10 x 6 x 2.6cm (3.9 x 2.3 x 1‘’) at only 110 g (3.8 ounces)
- Controlled through Bluetooth via the myMIX App
MIXBOOK contains the same proprietary six-chip LED technology found in DMG Lumière MIX fixtures. This ensures perfect color matches between MIXBOOK and MIX lights.
MIXBOOK is controlled by the myMIX app, which is available as a free download for iOS and Android devices. With the myMIX app, users can generate their desired color by adjusting hue, saturation, and intensity levels, or by selecting xy values, and then send that color to MIXBOOK.
Users can also choose a color from an image in their photo library with the app’s “Capture” function. Through a Bluetooth connection with the myMIX app, MIXBOOK allows users to actively explore how their color choices will interact with other on-set elements, such as talent and scenic elements, and continue to modify their choices through the app.
Once the desired color has been achieved, users can save their colors to the cloud and share them with their team.
- Size: 10 x 6 x 2.6cm (3.9 x 2.3 x 1”)
- Weight: 110 g (3.8 ounces)
- Operating Temperature: -4 °F to +104 °F (-20 °C to 40 °C)
- Color Temperature Range: 1700°K to 10 000°K
- Flicker Free: Up to 200 i/s
- CRICRI Average > 95TLCI-II
- TLCI Average > 90
- Colored LightFull Color Gamut with Hue, Saturation and White base control
- GelsTrue Rosco Color™ gel matchesGreen-Magenta AdjustmentContinuously adjustable (Full Minusgreen to Full Plusgreen)
- Finish: ColorMatte black
- Packaging: Neopren pouch with belt strap
- Mounting Options: 1/4 inch female threading, hole for spring hook
- Housing Material: ABS+PC plastic
- IP20Photometrics: 100 lux @0.5m 26fc at 1′
- Input Voltage: 5 VDC
- Power Consumption: 2 W
- Power Connections” Micro USB
- Control System: Bluetooth via myMIX App
Strangely I can’t find any information about how much MIXBOOK is or where you can buy it.