Anthem One uses Anthem Light Cards, swappable solid-state wafers coated with an array of micro LEDs. The company claims Anthem One’s lifespan is 2,000 times longer, twice as bright and is 1/4th of the cost of a metal halide system.
The Anthem One looks like a box, and not like most traditional LED fixtures. It’s also very compact, as it’s 1/4th the size of a comparable metal halide system. At 140mm (5.5 inches) cubed and 3.45 kilos (7.6 pounds), you can fit it in the palm of your hand. Anthem One’s hidden neodymium magnets, 1/4-20 bottom-socket, and dual Kensington ports allow you to mount, strap or lash Anthem One to bikes, cars, drones, stabilizers, rails, tracks and pipe.
Anthem claim the Anthem One is brighter than a Joker 400, while only drawing half the power, and has a much cleaner and smoother beam than an HMI.
Every Anthem One comes equipped with Anthem Power, an intelligent power supply that can be plugged into any 110V or 220V socket. A single Anthem One draws less than 200 watts, so multiple fixtures can be run of traditional power outlets. The Anthem power weighs in at 3kg (6.6lb). Anthem Power has a recessed front lip and hidden neodymium magnets, so it can be magnetically mounted onto At the fixture for storage and travel. The front lip is also a fulcrum, allowing users to break apart Anthem One from Anthem Power like a Kit-Kat bar.
The lithium-ion enabled Anthem Power Plus version will run the Anthem One at full power for three hours, or six continuous hours at 50% output. The Anthem Power Plus is 192,000mah which means it won’t be suitable for transporting on a plane. It also weighs in at a whopping 9kg (20lb). The Power Plus looks exactly the same as the Anthem power, but it has the lithium-ion batteries inside of it.
Anthem says that while most LED lighting systems lifespan can be measured in hours, theirs are calculated in decades. Anthem One uses Anthem Light Cards, swappable solid-state wafers coated with an array of micro LEDs. It’s claimed that the Anthem Light Card has the punch of a metal halide system without any of the flaws. These Light Cards are available in a wide variety of light fields; UV, visible spectrum and IR, allowing customers to select whatever Anthem Light Card works best for their application.
The Light cards are 1.2mm (.04 inches) thin, 60mm (2.3 inches) square and weigh less than 28 grams (1 ounce. Anthem claim that the Light Card lasts up to 50,000 hours, which they say makes it the longest lasting light source ever created.
Anthem Light Cards can be swapped out of Anthem One in less than 30 seconds. This modularity is a smart concept, as LED technology is continually evolving. If for instance, new LEDs come along that are brighter, users can replace their existing Light Cards to increase Anthem One’s brightness rather than replace their entire lighting system.
The modularity doesn’t just stop with the Light cards. Neodymium magnets are hidden throughout Anthem One, which allows you to snap two Anthem Ones together to create a light source as powerful as an 800 watt HMI (metal halide) lamp. Snap four together, and you can output a massive 120,000 lumens from a 280mm (11 inches) square face.
The fixture has been designed so you can replace any component in minutes by simply removing the two rear screws. Every component can be replaced by hand or with a screwdriver.
Near silent operation
The Anthem One uses brushless, oversized, slow-moving fans that the company claim silently pushes large volumes of air through a sophisticated copper-and-aluminum heat sink. The fans are said to operate at approximately 14.5 dBA. That’s the threshold of human hearing. At a distance of 7.6cm (3 inches) Anthem One is said to be absolutely silent.
CRI and Output
Anthem do list some CRI figures and output numbers for the Anthem One that you can see below. The output figures they list do not tell you at what distance they were recorded at.
There is nothing worse than purchasing a lighting system where nobody makes any accessories. Anthem One has been designed as a universal lighting platform where a range of accessories will be available. The first initial batch of accessories will include an Anthem Lens Kit, Anthem Doors, three lengths of Anthem Cable (3 meters/10 feet, 6 meters/20 feet and 9 meters/30 feet) and six different Light Cards. Anthem One is also equipped with a 1/4-20 bottom socket and two Kensington ports, making it easy to use hundreds of off-the-shelf accessories.
What do you get?
Anthem One includes:
1x Anthem One
1x Anthem Power or Anthem Power Plus
1x Anthem Cable (3 meters/10 feet)
1x EMA 5-15 Grounded AC-Out Cable
1x User Manual
Anthem One does not include:
Anthem Light Cards, Anthem Accessories or additional Anthem Cables.
The Anthem One with the Anthem Power is $1499 USD, and is available in either black or silver. The Anthem One with the additional Power Plus battery is $2499 USD. The Anthem One units are expected to start shipping in 7-10 weeks. They currently have a crowd funding funding campaign on Kickstarter.
Anthem One’s 15 major advantages are:
* While only drawing 200 watts, it is twice as bright as a comparable HMI. With our Ultra Bright Light Card, it is 10% brighter than an HMI 400W.
* Anthem One is half the weight of an HMI 400W.
* Anthem One is one-third the size of an HMI 400W.
* Anthem One’s light source lasts 2,000 times longer than an HMI 200W bulb and approximately 1,000 times longer than an HMI 400W.
* Anthem One’s light field has no hot spot. It is completely even edge-to-edge.
* Anthem Power operates from any 110V/220V socket on earth.
* Anthem Power is flicker-free at any frame rate.
* Anthem One’s CRI & Color Temperature are completely consistent through Anthem Power’s dimming range from 0-100%. There is no color temperature shift as the dimming approaches 0 amps.
* Anthem One’s CRI & Color Temperature are completely consistent through its entire light field. While HMI’s have a blue fringe near the edge of the light field, Anthem One’s light field is clean and consistent edge-to-edge.
* While other LED systems have permanently mounted LED-COBs, Anthem One uses removable, hot-swappable Anthem Light Cards. Users can remove them in less than 30 seconds to create different light fields or upgrade annually to increase the brightness of Anthem One.
* Anthem One is magnetically arrayable. Snap Anthem One together with Anthem Baseplate to create up to 2X3 arrays. That’s as bright as a 2.4kW HMI!
* Anthem Power Plus is a custom, ultra-safe lithium ion battery that can operate Anthem One at full power for up to 3 hours. Slide it into Anthem Backpack to create a “steadi-cam light.”
* Anthem One’s list of accessories allow Anthem One to interface with all of your existing lighting accessories. The ever-growing list includes Anthem Lens Kit (90 degrees & 60 degrees fresnel lenses), Anthem Prime Spot (20 degree spotlight), Anthem Arm, Anthem Mini-Mount, * Anthem Doors, Anthem Bowens Mount, Anthem Baseplate, Anthem Backpack and Anthem Cables (10 feet, 20 feet and 30 feet long).
* The same punch and intensity as an HMI, without any of the drawbacks; no heat, no explosive bulbs, no fear of cracked glass or unwanted UV radiation, no hot cases, no cable runs, no generators, no limitations.
All this…for half the cost of an HMI 200W system and one fourth the cost of an HMI 400W system.
What do you think about the Anthem One? Is it a light you would buy? Let us know in the comments section below.