The Wooden Camera Director’s Monitor Cage was first introduced a year ago and now they have an updated V2.
The V2 Director’s Monitor Cage is universally compatible with any monitor up to 9 inches (measured diagonally) and attaches via top, bottom, or rear 1/4-20 mounting locations. The newly designed main brackets also allow direct mounting to the rear of Convergent Design Odyssey and Apollo.
The cage come for the most part fully assembled and ready for your monitor to be installed. Ergonomic wooden hand grips can be quickly positioned with the built-in 15mm clamps.
Battery Mounting Options
The battery mounting plate works with either a V-Mount and Gold Mount attachment points as well as swing away functionality for easy access to the rear of the monitor and installed wireless devices.
The included sun shade is adaptable to most monitors and snaps directly to the cage frame. The bottom of the shade is made of velcro, which can be adjusted to the proper width of the monitor and an included loop piece can be used to hook onto the bottom of the cage for a more permanent mounting of the shade.
We are seeing more tools designs lately with cages and rigs and the new Directors Monitor Cage V2 is no diffrent. The tool-less design of the handles allow them to be folded in for easy packing and the sun shade can be repurposed to act as a protective cover. Also included is a padded neck strap with 4 mounting points, a Teradek mounting bracket that offers easy attachment for wireless receivers with lower #4-40 or 1/4-20 mounting points, and a cable tie for cable management. The cage includes a built in baby pin clamp with locking thumbwheel for stand mounting.
Want to have two monitors? A vertical and side-by-side mounting of two monitors is also possible with the Dual Director’s Monitor Cage v2. The kit runs $299 and is available now.
(6) 1/4-20 x 1/2″ button head screws
(6) 1/4-20 x 3/8″ button head screws
(2) Offset adapters
(4) M3 x 8mm philips screws (for V-Mount plate)
(4) M3 x 12mm philips screws (for Gold Mount plate)
(1) M2.5 x 4mm socket cap screw (for Odyssey 7Q location pin)
(1) Teradek Mounting Bracket
(1) 1/4-20 x 1 1/4″ button head screw and 1/4-20 nut (for Teradek Bolt)
(4) #4-40 x 1/2″ socket cap screws ( for Teradek receiver)
(4) M3 x 20mm socket cap screws (for Odyssey 7Q)
(1) WC Cable Tie
(1) Sun Shade
(1) Sun Shade (velcro loop for Odyssey)
Weight: 1179.34g (2 lbs 9.6oz)
Dimensions: 279.4 x 177.8 x 101.6 mm (11 x 7 x 4 in)
Works with Several Monitors
- Blackmagic Video Assist
- SmallHD DP4, DP6, AC7, DP7, 503, 703
- VLogic VFM-056W/WP, VFM-058W
- Ikan D5, VK7i, VH8, VL5, VX9e
- Odyssey 7, 7Q
- Atomos Samurai, Ninja, Shogun
- Check with Wooden Camera if your model isn’t listed.