DJI today released Firmware Version: v126.96.36.199, DJI GO App iOS Version: v2.7.1 and DJI GO App Android Version: v2.7.0 for the OSMO hand held gimbal. Some of the big improvements in this release include better battery performance, a digital zoom, control of Osmo tilt and pan axis simultaneously, as well as optimised D-Log and D-Cinelike colours.
1. Consumption reduced, increasing Osmo battery life to 90 minutes for a total recording time of 70 minutes (80 minutes with Wi-Fi off).
2. Fan turns off automatically when recording video. To keep fan off during video recording, tap Mute Fan in the Audio Control menu. When activated, the fan will only restart to prevent critical overheating.
3. Video downlink optimized for enhanced live streaming.
4. Added Digital Zoom Control when recording video at 720p, 1080p and 2.7K. Put two fingers on the screen and pinch to zoom in, open your fingers to zoom out, or switch on Digital Zoom Control for fine control.
5. Control of Osmo tilt and pan axis simultaneously added by setting the joystick control direction to Free.
6. Added Portrait option to optimize portrait photography.
7. Optimized D-Log and D-Cinelike colors.
8. Downloading of videos and photos to mobile devices now three times faster.
9. Continuous photo capture by holding down shutter button added.
10. Added a key combination to turn on/off Osmo Wi-Fi. Pull down the power switch while simultaneously pressing and holding the trigger then release the trigger. Wi-Fi is off when the system status LED blinks twice. Repeat to turn on Wi-Fi. The Osmo will operate for longer when taking timelapse photos without Wi-Fi.
11. Note appears in DJI GO when trying to connect to an Osmo that is already connected to another mobile device.
12. DJIGO now displays the current photo instead of a live preview when shooting time lapses.
13. Audio control optimised to avoid audio distortion when recording in noisy environments.
14. Audio data loss when using some Micro SD cards under class-10 or UHS-1 fixed.
15. Double capture of thes ames hot when shooting panorama fixed.
16. Gimbal drifting reduced.
17. Joystick control optimised.
18. Horizontal calibration data saves automatically after powering off.
19. Single video recordings in high temperatures are capped at 30 minutes to ensure video quality.
You can download the new firmware here.